Based in the heart of Kent, The Bakehouse at 124 is an artisan bakery where everything is made from scratch in its open plan bakery using the finest ingredients sourced locally where possible.
Using traditional methods and techniques the Bakehouse specialises in producing a range of sourdough breads, pastries, cakes all to a very high standard. This has been demonstrated by an ever increasing award tally including:
- Best Independent Food and Drink Retailer in the Kent Life Food and Drink Awards 2020
- Three Great Taste 2020 one star awards
- Taste of Kent 2020 Award winner in Bakery and Confectionery class
- Three 2019 Tiptree World Bread awards
- Three Great Taste 2019 one star awards
- Three 2018 Tiptree World Bread awards
Now in its fifth year of trading the Bakehouse is the brainchild of founder and head baker, Clare Barton. Having trained at the School of Artisan Food to gain an Advanced Diploma in baking, Clare is now one of only 21 Real Bread Campaign Ambassadors in the World and is passionate about creating a range of high quality baked goods all made from some of the very best natural ingredients.